Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Collage of Reflections



Think Creatively!



Identify and discuss some of the creative elements of your collage.


Some of the creative elements in my collage were that I chose to enlarge my poster size. The purposed for using a work with a larger size of poster was that it’s allows me to put down all the images that overall the conflicts in and out the Story of the Lost Boys of Sudan. Letting me explored the artistic side of the assignment having to Think Creatively with the space that I’m working with and how each part of the collage must have a connection to the other. Another creative thing that I did was that I made my collage able to stand the top part is meanly about all the conflicts in Sudan what the Lost Boys been through and the bottom bit was about the journey of the migration with that conflicts faced in the U.S.A. This makes it easier for the viewer to understand the elements by dividing it apart.


Reason Critically!


How did you use the images and text that you selected to highlight your understanding of the Lost Boy’s situation?


The images that were used to explain my understanding of the situation that the boys were in was that I used images that really show the hardship that they faced before immigrating. For example the civil war that was going on the danger, emotions in their situations, and poverty to starvation in their travel. The words were chose carefully that is was best fit the situation and what I want to get my message across to the addressed to audience. Words that was strong and powerful that explain it all, with the aim of a needed action.

Communicate Effectively!


Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.


My collage is well communicated with the awareness of the Lost Boy’s troubles. I meanly focus on the conflicts in the country before the migration and what was the reason behind it that causes the boys to flee the country. I thought that it was very important of us to be aware that till this day the War between the North and South regions are still going on. Yet many lives are taken by death cause by poverty, the low lack of the most basic resources that lend to starvation and no security of safety. These things are a very serious topic that we need to be considered how lucky we are to be living the life that we are living. That is can be a solution to the problems going on and what we can do to help.


Live Ethically!

Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.


The whole point of the collage was to created empathy in to viewers and evokes an emotion in each of them. A picture is worth a thousand words that are why I must be wise with the images that were used and makes sure each one of them help cause an reaction in the big picture. Each of the images must give away a greater message that makes you think about your action. Images that makes you care, the once that makes you feel that you should be taken action. I also have images that capture happiness from people who tried to make a different in people lives, giving you the same the emotion that you could do that same. Make a different.


I-Movie Script


Peace Vanished. Escape. Let us pray. These are the six words that best describe what I have learned from the study of the Dinka culture which includes the their ethnography, forced migration from their native home land. This land was once a place filled with harmony. From their experiences as a refuges and journey as a Lost Boy of Sudan they move from stepped migration in the refugee camps that included surviving the hardships that the camps placed on them to finally having to flee into a new life in the United Sates. This move to the United States was also a great struggle for them.

The top left-hand corner show images of what I think illustrate the Dinka culture prior to the war. It was a beautiful and peaceful place with an amazing landscape of sight and scenery. I then show images that depict the changes that came about as the nation of Sudan became divided. One image in particular shows a wire fence separating the North and the South region of the country. I also pasted cut out words showing the connection between the images. ‘North and South At war’ is one example of how I chose words to relate to the images. Other images also show how the destruction of the culture, the civil war caused by the different ethnic group that is ongoing leading into a humanitarian crisis of people dying each day. Then I used text that is very powerful to show this crisis- “Life Isn’t Beautiful”. I wanted to get the message across to the viewers that in the world that we share there are many challenges and we as humans should be aware of and take more of a notice. We need to get involved to stop these troubles. “The Power of We” can put a stop to these tragedies, and make our world a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment